Tuesday, March 26, 2013

What happens when I am sick and go shopping.

Never go shopping when you are sick.  I should have listened to that advice, but am too stubborn.  This Saturday, we are hosting a neighborhood Easter Egg Hunt.  And I had some last minute things to buy (thank goodness the over 700 + eggs are stuffed with candy and ready to go!).

So as I wandered the aisles of the mega superstore trying to find the three things I needed (mainly coarse ground coffee for my industrial size coffee percolator machine), I stopped at the T.V. section.  And proceeded to stare at whatever was playing (because I have no memory of it).  I have no idea how long I stood there, but every time I inched my way down the aisle, another large screen would captivate my attention and put me in a hypnotic trance.  I got out of there as fast as I could.  About an hour later, actually.

I finally found my bag of gazillion coffee cups that I needed for this weekend, and about a thousand napkins. But no coarse ground coffee.  I picked up liters of ranch dressing (I don't know why), and stopped at every taste testing booth they had.  And then picked up a container of brownies, and some milk to go with them.  Thing is, I don't drink milk and seldom eat brownies (I am allergic to wheat and sugar).  And I already had milk at home.

I perused the clothing and the books, the towels and the toys.  I walked the entire store, and worked up a fever in the process.

Just when I had given up, I found a free trade organic coffee taste testing booth where they grind the beans right there!  But I had to taste all the flavours first, since I had never heard of them.  It took another 20 minutes, but I finally walked away with the expensive coffee.  And the caffeine started kicking in while I was loading up the car.  But it's the first time I walk out of that store with less than a hundred dollars worth of stuff.  Maybe being sick is actually good for my pocketbook!  By the time I got home, I was sweating bullets, and just wanted to climb into bed.

Anyone want some brownies and milk?

Life with Kerri thinks a nap is in order.




2 comments:

dawn said...

Feel better Viv, get some rest and I'll be right over to help with the brownies and milk

RamblingMother said...

Hope you feel better soon!